- Swim with Whale Sharks May 13, 2013|Activities & Adventures
Have you ever swum with a whale shark? If you haven't, then you must and if you have, then chances are you can't wait to do it again. Before we scare you off, allow us to clarify - whale sharks are neither whales nor sharks - they are called whales due to their size and sharks due to their shape. Whale sharks are docile vegetarian fish that live off of plankton, which means you don't need to feel uncomfortable around them. As the largest fish species, their size is truly immense with up to 18 meters in length and 15 tons in weight. Every May, whale sharks return to Riviera Maya, which is one of three destinations where they come to the surface, for the warm weather and rich plant life.
How does the excursion work? Once you arrive at the resort, visit the Mexico Travel booth and reserve your excursion to swim with whale sharks. (The excursion company guarantees you will see a whale shark or you get your money back!) Transportation will pick you up at the resort at 7 am and drop you off during the afternoon at Green Break restaurant. Once you arrive at the marina, you are assigned a boat and will head off into the beautiful turquoise waters of Isla Mujeres. The boats go in all different directions and communicate via radio to inform the others if they have found a fish. Once one is found, the boats race to the area and guests jump into the water with their snorkel gear to swim aside it. After you have seen a whale shark, the excursion ends with lunch and snorkeling in Isla Mujeres.
This experience is amazing and needs to be added to your bucket list! Tours go through mid-September so make sure you add it to your list of things to do when you visit Riviera Maya!
Insider Tips: Don't rent the wet suits - you will have the same experience with a life vest. Bring an underwater camera to capture the experience. Lastly, don't forget sunscreen - its a must!
- Spa Tower Openings May 09, 2013|Activities & Adventures
Grand Luxxe's Spa Towers are opening in Nuevo Vallarta and Riviera Maya!
We are excited to announce that we are taking reservations for the two new Grand Luxxe Spa Towers! Nuevo Vallarta will open November 1st and Riviera Maya will open November 15th!
Spa Tower accommodations include larger bathrooms, fine touches like hardwood floors, and the most defining addition of all: spa rooms. With personal massage cabins, masseuses from Spatium and Brio Spa pamper you in the comfort of your suite. Also, in Nuevo Vallarta the tower is close to Grand Luxxe's new spa, Spatium.
Make sure you keep reading the Vida Vibe and checking the Grand Luxxe Facebook page to stay up to date on all the latest resort updates!
For more information on these accommodations and to make your reservation, CALL 1.800.292.9446 and a representative will be happy to assist you!
- Direct Flights to Puerto Peñasco Apr 28, 2013|Activities & Adventures
Announcing Non-Stop, Direct Flights into Puerto Peñasco!
Launching June 20th, AeroMexico will offer direct flights from Las Vegas to Puerto Peñasco! These biweekly flights will make this fabulous, exclusive destination easily accessible. If you haven't yet visited Puerto Peñasco, it is perfect for your next escape. The resort is unbeatable for a quiet, relaxing vacation and has incredible eco-tour experiences. Located on the turquoise waters of the Sea of Cortes, Mayan Palace is ten minutes from the airport and offers 5-star service with first-class accommodations and amenities.
What can you do there?
In addition to relaxing at the beautiful Mayan Palace, the options are truly endless!
- Golf the 7,210 yard, par 72 Nicklaus Legacy La Jolla de Cortes golf course. The course is absolutely stunning with nine of the 18 holes ocean-side.
- Fish like never before in the Sea of Cortes. A deep-sea adventure includes fish like grouper, red snapper, sea bass, cochis and more.
- Eco-adventure your way through the area, which has been compared to the Galápagos Islands. Kayak through the Morua Estuary, discover the El Pincate Biosphere Reserve, snorkel and SCUBA dive with sea lions, watch dolphins and whales.
Flight details: The flight is under two hours and available Thursdays and Sundays. Flights leave from Las Vegas' McCarran International Airport and fly into Puerto Peñasco's Mar de Cortés International Airport. For more information, visit AeroMexico.com.
To learn more about this destination and make your reservation, call 1.800.292.9446!
- Happy Mother's Day Apr 25, 2013|Activities & Adventures
There's no better place to celebrate Mom than at her favorite resort in sunny Mexico!
As a thank you for everything they do, we planned a Mother's Day getaway complete with spa, dinner and dancing, which is sure to be just what she wants. If you aren't spending the holiday with us and haven't yet done your shopping, why not surprise her with the gift of a vacation? Simply write the phone number 1.800.292.9446 in her card and let her know she has seven destinations to select from. Another great option is a day at Brio Spa or Spatium on her next vacation in Mexico.
For those lucky Mothers spending the holiday with us, we have special activities from the Calendar of Fun:
- Special Mother's Day Sunday brunch with mom's meal on the house
- Complimentary bottle of wine at one of our signature Vidanta restaurants
- A gift for Mom: one dozen chocolate covered strawberries or a fresh bouquet of flowers on Mother's Day
- Cooking classes with a Vidanta chef to learn how to prepare authentic Mexican food and margaritas
- Tequila reflexology in the afternoon
- A discounted photo session
- Complimentary kid's menu for children under 12
- Complimentary poolside activities for Mom like water aerobics, Zumba, pilates and yoga
- Special pricing on our Beach Party
- Complimentary Kid's Club all week
We wish all of the Mothers and Grandmothers, Happy Mother's Day! May your day be filled with smiles, laughter and family fun!
- Back of The House Tour Apr 23, 2013|Activities & Adventures
Twice a week we offer a tour of the " Back House" in Nuevo Vallarta for members to learn about everything that happens behind the scenes to ensure guests have an unforgettable experience. This provides a unique opportunity to see processes like the thousands of tortillas made everyday in our bakery, the simulated rooms for housekeeping and our water treatment plant.
With a team of almost 4,000 employees working day and night to ensure everything runs smoothly and is beautiful, the Operations building is the heart of the Nuevo Vallarta complex.
The tour visits our microbiological analysis laboratory, laundry room, machinery room, central food distribution office, employee cafeteria, hotel simulator and more. As guests explore the building, they will see a series of posters demonstrating our values of hard work, honesty and respect. "We incorporate our internal philosophy, culture, values and brand standards into every single training program at every level, from operations to line supervisors," says Manuel Becerra, Director of Human Resources.
We look forward to showing you our operations soon! In a recent review from one of our members, "It was absolutely fascinating and I now understand why this is one of the best companies to work for in Mexico. Keep up the great work and congratulations, Grupo Vidanta!"
- Mike Malaska Visit Apr 19, 2013|Golf
Mike Malaska is visiting the Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf in Nuevo Vallarta for several days this month to provide expert instruction during the Calendar of Fun's Golf and Spa Getaway week!
Malaska has been a member of the PGA for over 30 years and is the Director of Instruction for Nickalus Academies worldwide. In the words of Jack Nicklaus, "Mike is a tremendous athlete who has a strong understanding of the physical make-up of the body and the mechanics behind the swing. In an era where we are seeing more and more good athletes gravitate to the game, Mike is able to bridge the body's mechanics and teaching methodologies to get the most out of a person's golf game."
We are looking forward to this week filled with golf, spa and relaxation in the sun. All of our members participating in this week have the opportunity to take advantage of the below planned activities from May 18-25th.
- Golf tournament featuring Mike Malaska and a grand prize of a six hour sailboat ride for eight people
- Free round of golf for two
- One complimentary golf clinic at the Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf per couple in Nuevo Vallarta or a half hour lesson from the golf pro at other locations
- Special pricing on tequila reflexology by the beach or pool
- One discounted spa treatment for her
- Complimentary Kid's Club all week
Stay tuned to learn about his visit and tips to help improve your game!
- Cinco de Mayo Apr 16, 2013|Activities & Adventures
Cinco de Mayo commemorates the Mexican victory over the French and is celebrated with extravagant carnival processions throughout Mexico. Here at the Resorts, we like to celebrate poolside with margaritas, guacamole and chips, and mariachis!
Through the 2013 Calendar of Fun, we have activities planned for members to celebrate in true Mexican fashion with traditional festivities!
- Daily happy hour poolside with traditional appetizers, including guacamole, chips & salsa, and quesadillas
- Cooking classes featuring authentic Mexican food and margaritas
- Poolside and outdoor kids crafts - create your own souvenir - piñatas, paper flowers, ceramics, and traditional hair beading
- Enjoy a Cinco de Mayo celebration on the beach during the week - Members can dress in traditional Mexican outfits and the celebration will include face painting, a Mariachi band, a themed buffet, tropical drinks, authentic Mexican dancers and fireworks
- Authentic Mexican horse show, featuring Mexican horsemen, or charros
Whether you are with us in sunny Mexico or at home, raise your margarita and say, "¡Viva Mexico!"
- 2013 Calendar of Fun Apr 15, 2013|Activities & Adventures
Last year over 4,000 families participated in our first Calendar of FUN activities. Back by popular demand, we are offering planned vacation weeks from May 4 - November 16, 2013 to maximize your fun in Mexico!
The first 100 members to book a week with friends from the Calendar of Fun will receive 2 rooms for the price of 1!*
Choose a week of FUN and enjoy your vacations even more. BOOK NOW 1.800.292.9446
- Cinco de Mayo Celebration
- Mother's Day Bliss
- Golf and Spa Getaway
- Memorial Day Escape
- Under The Sea
- Father's Day Getaway
- Art a La Carte
- Independence Day The Vida Way
- Adventure Seekers Getaway
- Scavenger Hunt
- Back to The Beach
- Flora & Fauna Fantastico
- Cook to Win
- Couples Celebration
- Labor Day Ay Yay Yay!!
- Viva Mexico
- Foodies Unite
- Mexico Uncorked
- Halloween Fiesta/ Dia de Los Muertos
- Renew. Revitalize. Rejuvenate. Rejoice.
- ¡Viva los Veterans!
July 1 - August 31 SUMMER CAMP
Kids have FUN and learn independence in an entertaining, educational environment. Parents have peace of mind. Two months of fun, sports and creative activities for our youngest members.
- Kid's Club is everyday for children under 12
- Challenge your creativity at our Pottery Stand, Arts and Crafts Studio and during the Artistic Expression workshops
- Invite Mom and Dad to the club and have them join during the family activities that include sand castle contests, mini Olympics, handcrafts, pinatas and more
- Explore and discover your sports talents during beach volleyball, beach tennis, beach soccer, SNAG, horseshoe, bocce and more
- Learn about the environment during Nature Hour, which includes different activities throughout the week; from our turtle camp to flora and fauna tours to nature walks and more
- Evening activities include movies on the beach, beach stargazing with telescopes, special contests, karaoke and more
- Extreme fun on the beach with bungee trampoline, rock wall, water balls and v-flyer
Click through the Calendar of Fun live here to explore everything we have to offer.
Call 1.800.292.9446 to get your summer fun started!
See terms and conditions, click here
- Green Travel Mar 18, 2013|Activities & Adventures
Sustainable tourism: tourism attempting to make as low an impact on the environment and local culture as possible, while helping it to generate future employment for local people.
We are committed to sustainable tourism and through a variety of initiatives we are working to enhance and protect our destinations for generations to come. Learn about everything we do to help on your next vacation.
Since 2005, our resorts have received Earth Check certification, which works with the tourism industry to increase efficiency and minimize their environmental and social footprint. Our resorts are as green as their lush surrounding landscapes and we are constantly working to improve our standing.
Energy and Water
- Lighting schedules
- Constantly searching for more efficient technology
- Water treatment facilities
- Encourage guests to reuse towels
- Reuse water to water gardens and golf courses
- Recycling: All trash from bedrooms to restaurants is sorted to ensure the maximum amount is recycled and we provide bins around the resort to encourage recycling for guests
- Composting: Use organic raw waste from kitchen to create fertilizer for the gardens
- 3 R's: Promote an environment of reduce, reuse, and recycle
- Turtle camps to protect turtles that nest on our beaches and increase baby turtle survival rates
- Beach cleanup activities
- Protect and promote local flora and fauna
- Flamingo and crocodile sanctuaries to protect the species
- Promote sustainable living through recycling competitions, water conferences, and more
- Community outreach education through recycling, energy saving, and tours through the resorts
We're constantly searching for new ways to be more efficient and protect the environment. We want you to know that our resorts are environmentally friendly and that we are doing our part to keep our destinations forever beautiful and thriving!
- Chef Spotlight: Epazote Mar 12, 2013|Activities & Adventures
Enrique Garcia brings authentic Mexican cuisine with modern touches to high-end restaurant Epazote
If you are looking for fine Mexican dining, Chef Enrique Garcia has the menu for you.
Not surprisingly, Garcia's relationship with cooking began during childhood, when he would see his mother and grandmothers constantly in the kitchen. Born and raised in Guadalajara, Enrique knew at a young age that he wanted to become a chef and learn the culinary arts.
As Executive Chef at Epazote since its inception in 2010, Garcia has developed the concept and continued to wow members with a selection of the country's best representative dishes. Also, members can now take weekly cooking lessons under his expert instruction. We recently had the opportunity to interview Chef Garcia, take a look at what he had to say below.
What is your favorite item on the menu?
I have many favorites but I'm inclined to go with the Mixiote. It is a dish with balanced flavors - lamb and spicy adobo coupled with the cooking process in a traditional mixiote. It is marinated in mezcal for 24 hours to neutralize the flavors and then cooked in vapor for three hours. The result is a succulent plate.
What dishes have you created?
Well, like the name of the restaurant, we are Epazote Authentic Mexican. Knowing that, we have taken many traditional Mexican dishes and changed their presentation with elegant touches that convert them to fine dining. We like classic dishes with modern flare and beautiful presentation.
Which region of Mexico has the richest dishes?
Where to begin? There's no way to narrow it down to one region because each has its own impressive dishes. I have most studied food from the south like Oaxaca, Veracruz, Chiapas and the Yucatán, which is excellent but the whole country has gastronomy to offer and as chefs it is our job to find and revive dishes.
How are your cooking classes going and what are you cooking in your class today?
The classes are great! Members always leave full and happy with their new recipes. I like to change up the menu every week. Today we are preparing guacamole, snapper with an amazing sauce from Veracruz, and we will finish with churros served with caramel sauce and hot chocolate. The hot chocolate is a special recipe from my abuela or grandmother.
"We look forward to serving you soon at Epazote!
On your next vacation to Nuevo Vallarta, make sure you save an evening for Epazote. Also be sure not to miss the cooking classes held every Wednesday afternoon!
- Introducing Grand Luxxe Tower 3 Mar 11, 2013|Activities & Adventures
There's now more Grand Luxxe to love...
Since Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta’s opening in 2010, the resort has blossomed and now boasts four world-class towers, endless pools, jungle walkways, an exclusive spa and fitness center, Santuario Bar & Lounge, and much more. The addition of Tower 3 to Towers 1, 2, and Punta, offers added accommodations to Grand Luxxe's growing demand.
With twelve-foot ceilings, rooms ten times larger than the average American hotel (2,700+ square feet), Italian furnishings and amenities, and breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, Grand Luxxe continues to reset the standard for luxury travel. Tower 3 is nestled along the Ameca river to the left of Tower 2 if you are looking towards Puerto Vallarta. The accommodations enjoy stunning views of Banderas Bay, gardens and the upcoming Greg Norman Golf Course.
- 24-hour Grand Luxxe Concierge and Bellman
- Butler Service
- Pool Concierge
- Transportation from the airport to the resort
- Spatium and Brio Fitness Center
- Nicklaus Design Golf Course and Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf
- 24-hour Room service
- Turndown service and morning coffee
- Wi-Fi in rooms and common areas
- 42" LED TVs in every living room and bedroom
- Laundry and dry cleaning service on site
- Jade Boutique and Tobacco shop on property
- Kid's Club and Babysitting
- Purified drinking water
We look forward to hosting you soon in these new, fabulous accommodations! For reservations, call 1.800.292.9446 and a representative will be happy to assist you!
- All in FUN Feb 01, 2012|Activities & Adventures
At Vida Kid's Clubs children have the vacation of a lifetime! Designed for kids ages 5-12, the Kid's Club offers recreational activities, ecological adventures, movies and games.We want our younger members to enjoy their stay in sunny Mexico and have planned a well-orchestrated calendar of various physical and creative activities on the various properties, depending on the unique characteristics of each destination.Whether indoors or outside, there is supervised play by our staff of young women, some of whom hold the title of Educadora, equivalent to a teacher’s assistant in the US.Our Kids Club is a time for exploration and entertainment and for having a good time while learning about the rich culture and heritage of Mexico, or the animal world in the neighboring jungle.There are trips to see the sea turtles when in season. There are visits to the crocodile farm for the brave – and there is always great fun imitating the flamingos as they stand on one leg.Meals at the Kids Club are as you would expect at a Vida Vacations. They are fresh and made to suit the tastes of the youngest gourmand. The best cheeseburger and French fries you have ever tasted can be found here…with a side of fresh fruit and milk.There are often evening events to provide time for Mom and Dad to have a date night. During these evenings there is always something fun for all to do from watching movies to pajama parties.And for those who are younger – we offer babysitting by professional childcare givers who are highly responsible and capable of caring for infants and toddlers. For more information on these services, contact your concierge.